As soon as I finished Agnes’ knitted and crocheted patchwork blanket, Thade put in a request for a blanket too. I’ve been wanting to make a Mexican blanket for a very long time. I love all of the bright colors, and the hues transitioning from warm to cool. I had an idea in mind, so I gathered up the yarn.
And I mean a lot of yarn!
I grabbed a J hook, and chained on I think 300 or maybe 350 stitches. Then I half-double crocheted two rows of each color. There are going to be a lot of ends to weave in at the end of this project.
When I got to the middle color (navy), I repeated the previous rows in mirror image.
I finally made it to the last row! Then it took me about two hours to weave in all of the ends.
This scrap-busting blanket is twin-sized, and I love the colors!
Thade said it was o.k. And, of course Dylan and Agnes have already put in requests for a similar blanket. Dylan wants his in shades of green, and Agnes wants pinks and purples.
This was a pretty quick project. I think I had it finished in about two months. Now I’ve got to get to working on those next two blankets.