I thought it would be fun to share my day-to-day participating in Veganuary. I hope to be successful throughout the entire month, and learn a few new skills along the way too.
- Monday 1/1/2018: I have to cook a lot!!! Right now the hot water has frozen, it was -18 F when we woke up today, and I am swimming in dirty dishes. Between Christmas cooking, and the kids home and eating twenty-four hours a day, my kitchen is a wreck. I was making lunch for the family (Steak soft Tacos), and that’s when I remembered, oh yeah, I have to cook for me too. I made a big batch of homemade salsa, and vegan Mexican Rice and that way I’ve got leftovers ready to go in the fridge.
- Tuesday 1/2/2018: Yep, I’m hungry… It’s freezing, and I’ve got to get to the store. I also have to take two of my kiddos with me, and through the entire store, they point out everything that I can’t eat… But Avocados were on sale for 5/$5 so Avocados for the win!
- Wednesday 1/3/2018: It’s cold, the hot water still hasn’t unfrozen, I’m swimming in dishes, and I’m hungry and grumpy. Also, I don’t feel like cooking today.
- Thursday 1/4/2018: On the hunt for Vegan snacks. Dylan and I headed out of the house today, and we were on the look-out for vegan sweets, we read through just about every label in the store and I found a few Dark Chocolate bars that fit the bill. I also grabbed Oreo Cookies and Biscoff Cookies for the kids (both just happen to be vegan).
- Friday 1/5/2018: I started dreaming about food again… This happens a lot to me, I’m snoozing along, dreaming of deep-dish cheese pizza, and I wake up before I can get a bite of it. So today I got rid of my favorite ice cream hanging out in the freezer, and threw away a few more non-vegan items that were hiding out too. I’m still going strong on the vegan challenge, and feeling pretty good too.
- Saturday 1/6/2018: Woke up, made oatmeal, and my fridge is stocked so I don’t have to worry about what to make for lunch or dinner. The days are getting easier, and I’m feeling so much better. I’ve even got the family curious about what I’m eating, and wanting to try out some of the foods too. They aren’t on board yet, but they are curious.
- Sunday 1/7/2018: Today, I wasn’t hungry like I was at the beginning of the week. I also wasn’t trying to figure out what to make for every meal. Over the weekend, it all clicked together, and it wasn’t too tough anymore. I’m looking forward to next week, and I’m feeling so much better already.